Selecting the destination is only the first step towards a winning foreign investment.
Success depends on designing a strong plan for market entry.
Conditions change fast when a newcomer enters a market. Momentum is essential to sustain early gains and advantages. You can be sure that the presence of a new company from China will inspire competitors to take counter-measures. A multi-faceted expansion strategy based on facts and realistic projections will help you to achieve your objectives.
A common tactic for neutralising competitors is to join forces with them. But negotiating with competitors is hard. The best-positioned negotiating party will be the one with the most accurate understanding of the market situation and competitive environment.
Knowledge of the M&A environment in a target market and the ability to accurately evaluate the advantages of a potential ally will prepare the decision-maker for the negotiating table.
FACE FAILURE TO FIND SUCCESS
Executives developing expansion plans can get valuable insights from other companies that have entered new markets. It’s useful to examine the market entries that have succeeded and those that have failed. Metrics and growth data from organisations in a similar situation to yours can be used to develop budgets and performance benchmarks.
Every business operation is quantifiable to a large degree. Projections and data can help you to navigate obstacles, both expected and unexpected. Labour shortages, access to raw materials, pricing issues and many other business situations can be represented by complex models based on facts. These models help in making plans to support growth in the face of adversity.
DATA IN, VALUE OUT
The Going Global team is equipped to bring Chinese companies the information and analysis necessary to assess a particular industry in a particular market.
Our research capabilities are designed to help place your expansion plan on a solid footing. We provide data-gathering and analysis skills tailored to your needs, including:
- Data revealing the availability of skilled labour for particular production and executive processes, including forecasting demand for talent
- Benchmarking to compare and index multiple business success factors across several countries, eg access to raw materials, infrastructure efficiency and regulatory framework
- Primary research to assess the competitor environment, including intelligence about dominant players, pricing and product availability
- City-level evaluation to reveal which locations offer the highest potential for expansion
- Quantitative analysis and econometric forecasting to determine market potential today and tomorrow
USING GOING GLOBAL TO DESIGN AN EXPANSION PLAN BASED ON A RICH UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR CHOSEN MARKET, THE BARRIERS TO ENTRY THAT YOU WILL FACE AND THE COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE THAT CONFRONTS YOU.
A global beverage company
Gather detailed consumption and income data for specific age groups across countriesLearn more
Bring a US telecoms manufacturer together with senior business leaders and gather quality sales leads.Learn more